- 01/21: Paper accepted at AISTATS 2021!
- 01/21: I joined the VICO group as a research associate at the University of Edinburgh!
- 10/20: I defended my thesis at Télécom Paris!
- 01/20: Paper accepted at ESANN 2020!
- 01/20: Paper accepted at AISTATS 2020!
I completed in 2020 my PhD at the school Télécom Paris, in a collaboration with the computer security firm IDEMIA. My PhD was financed by a CIFRE agreement, a french system that defines a partnership between a student, a school and a company to finance a thesis.
Please find here the manuscript and the defense slides. My thesis took inspiration from industrial considerations to produce interesting statistical machine learning research. IDEMIA being a biometrics company, my research focused on similarity learning, ranking and U-statistics. At IDEMIA, I worked with deep neural networks for computer vision, as it is now the standard for face recognition.
My academic supervisors were Stéphan Clémençon from Télécom Paris, Aurélien Bellet from Inria and Anne Sabourin from Télécom Paris. At IDEMIA I was part of a team led by Vincent Despiegel (formerly under Anouar Mellakh, Julien Bohné) which is supervised by Stéphane Gentric.